This is a quick update on the changes to the catchment that will happen in 2021 for NSW and Sydney secondary schools.
The main change is due to the opening of the new Inner Sydney High School which resulted in the changes of surrounding secondary school catchments. Schools involved are as following
- Inner Sydney High School
- Rose Bay Secondary College
- Randwick Boys High School
- Randwick Girls High School
- Alexandria Park Community School
- Sydney Secondary College Balmain
- Sydney Secondary College Leichhardt
- Sydney Secondary College Blackwattle Bay
The next group is located in south-western Sydney and the changes are due to the new Oran Park High School. Changes will be applying to the following schools.
- Oran Park High School
- John Edmondson High School
- Robert Townson High School
- Eagle Vale High School
- Mt Annan High School
- Elizabeth Macarthur High School
- Elderslie High School
The most common name used by the NSW Department of Education is called “catchment” which refers to those students who reside in a particular area who are guaranteed a position in specific schools. When discussed from the perspective of a particular school is often referred to as one of the following terms.
- School Zone
- School intake area
- School catchment
As usual, contact the school in question or the Department of Education for the final confirmation and you can also access the full NSW and Sydney High School Catchment Map by following this link.
Share this post: