This update actually is more time consuming and difficult than I expected previously. There are a lot of new schools this year or I just missed some before. Anyhow, I have spent considerable effort this year to cross-check the existing ones and adding the new ones in as well. Following is the list of changes, please note, the zones are based on the information available publicly and best estimate with the zoning principle stipulated by the Victorian Department of Education. Usually I stress this at end of the article, but in this case please always contact the school in question for final confirmation.
- Derinya Primary School zone shrink it actually lost a very significant part of its existing designated neighbourhood zone.
- Mount Eliza North Primary School, Overport Primary School and Frankston Heights Primary School probably expanded to cover the shrunk part of Derinya Primary School.
- Middle Park Primary School major shrink and lose everything north of the Canterbury Road.
- Truganina P-9 College’s designated neighbourhood zone has shrunk and loses of the eastern section due to the new school Dohertys Creek P-9 College opening.
- South Yarra Primary School shrink and lost of part west of St Kilda road to the new South Melbourne Park Primary School.
- South Melbourne Primary School lost of the southern part over the Dorcas Street to the new South Melbourne Park Primary School.
- Truganina South Primary School also change and shrunk, it looks like change from a custom defined neighbourhood zone to the standard distanced based zone model.
- Laverton P-12 College, Truganina P-9 College, Truganina South Primary School and Derrimut Primary School all shrunk due to new school Dohertys Creek P-9 College (Primary) which opened this year.
- Altona Green Primary School, Carranballac P-9 College (Jamieson Way Campus) and Alamanda K-9 College’s zone all have shrunk in a major fashion due to Saltwater P-9 College (Primary) opening this year as well.
- Lyndhurst Primary School added and I not sure what happened last time must have completed missed it.
- Barton Primary School which is the new primary school opened in 2019 and this resulted in the all surrounding schools
- Aitken Hill Primary School which is a new school that opened in 2019 as well, this resulted in the surrounding school zones to shrink. Affected schools Aitken Creek Primary School, Willmott Park Primary School, Roxburgh Rise Primary School and Greenvale Primary School lost a significant portion of their existing zone.
- Burnside Primary School which is also a new school open in 2019. This result in shrink of the existing zone of Kororoit Creek Primary School, Albanvale Primary School, Deer Park North Primary School and Brookside P-9 College. Minor losses to Deer Park West Primary School
- Updated zone for John Henry Primary School, Pakenham Lakeside Primary School and Officer Primary School with new information found.
- Ashley Park Primary School is a new school that opened in 2019 and adjusted surround schools zone to match this change. Hazel Glen College, Doreen Primary School and Mernda Park Primary School are affected by this in particular.
New School added in this update
- Wilandra rise primary school
- Ashley Park Primary School
- South Melbourne Park Primary School
- Dohertys Creek P-9 College (Primary)
- Saltwater P-9 College (Primary)
- Barton Primary School
- Aitken Hill Primary School
- Burnside Primary School
- Ashley Park Primary School
The proper name used by the Victorian Department of Education is called “Designated neighbourhood school” which is what a particular address is zoned for the particular school. When discussed from the perspective of a particular school is often referred to as one of the following terms.
- Designated neighbourhood zone
- Designated neighbourhood boundary
- Neighbourhood zone
- School Zone
- School intake area
- School catchment
For the final confirmation please contact the school in question.
Share this post: