I have been working on this for the last three weeks and have completed it yesterday. Following are a list of changes in public/primary school catchments in Sydney/NSW. There are a lot of changes actually this year compare the last few.
- Roseville Public School lost the southeastern corner of the previous catchment that is east of the High Street is given to the Castlecove Public School.
- Willoughby Public School lost the northeastern corner and that is given to Castlecove Public School as well.
- New school in Parramatta called O’Connel Street Public School has established and opened. It will start to take on kindergarten students in the year 2019. It will be open to kindergarten to year 6 from 2020. It will be taken over part of nearby school’s catchment in particular Parramatta and Westmead Public School.
- As above, Parramatta Public School will lose the northern half of the current catchment from the year 2019 to 2020.
- Westmead Public School catchment will also shrink from the year 2019 to 2020 and basically lose everything north of the railway and those become part of the new O’Connel Street Public School.
- Crestwood public school catchment got very minor shrinkage.
- Matthew Pearce Public School major shrink of northern part and those are now part of the new Bella Vista Public School.
- Bella Vista Public School has opened and taken over the northern part of the Matthew Pearce Public School and the southwestern part of what was previously Kellyville Public School.
- Kellyville Public School’s southern half become part of the new Bella Vista Public School’s catchment.
- Haberfield Public School major enlarge of the catchment to the south of the Parramatta road at the expense of the Ashfield Public School. Minor loss on the northern section which was given to the Dobroyd Point Public School.
- Again as previously said Ashfield Public School lost of northern half to Haberfield public school.
- Ironbark Ridge Public School’s eastern half that is east of the Smalls Creek is now the catchment of the new North Kellyville Public School.
- Parklea Public School minor shrink on the southern border with Caddies Creek Public School absorbing those changes. This could be a mistake on my part last time around as the changes are very minor.
As usual contact the school in question or Department of Education for the final confirmation and you can also access the full NSW and Sydney Public School Catchment Map by following this link.
Share this post:
Email This Post