This is just an update of ACT/Canberra primary school’s priority enrolment area for 2019. It does not mean the zone was changed from 2018. Last time I have gone over the ACT’s school zone was in 2017.
- Amaroo Primary School zone only covers Gungahlin and a very small part of Jacka.
- New Primary school Margaret Hendry School which is a new P to 6 schools which opened in 2019 covers the suburb of Moncrieff, Jacka and Taylor. It also shares the suburb of Casey with Gold Creek Primary School.
- Amaroo Primary School now no longer have the suburb of Moncrieff as part of its priority enrolment area.
- Aranda Primary School now Covers the suburb Aranda and shares the suburb of Cook with Macquarie Primary School. The suburb of Bruce is no longer part of Aranda Primary School and now part of priority enrolment area of Maribyrnong Primary School.
- Bonython Primary School priority enrolment area shrunk to the south and no longer contain any part of the suburb of Gordon. Correspondingly this part is now priority enrolment area of Gordon Primary School.
- The suburb of Chifley and north of Pearson are no longer shared Priority Enrolment Area between Mawson and Torrens Primary School.
- The suburb of Ford is no longer part of the Harrison Primary School’s priority enrolment area instead it is part of the Neville Bonner Primary School’s.
- Minor adjustment of Turner Primary School’s priority enrolment area to the eastern side, these all looked like none residential area, so should not matter in terms of enrolment.
“Priority Enrolment Area” which is what a particular address is zoned for the particular school. When discussed from the perspective of a particular school is often referred to as one of the following terms.
- School Zone
- School intake area
- School catchment
- Priority Intake Area
As usual contact the school in question or Department of Education for the final confirmation and you can also access the full ACT Public School Priority Enrolment Area (Catchment) Map by following this link.
Share this post: