This is something every parents will go through at some stage and there are a lot of things to consider as well. This is a very personal decision for each parent and can be a very difficult to make for some. Some of us maybe content to send their children to whichever state public school they are zoned for, while others may consider private or out of area state public schools.
Some and certainly not all the things to consider as following
- Private or public school
- Distance of the school to your home
- The academic performance of the school in question
- School’s facilities
- School’s size, the number and composition of the students enrolled
- How well the particular school is managed
- The non academic programs in the school such as sport, music, arts etc.
- Will your child have friend in the school they are going to and do you think they will fit in
- The availability of the after school care
- Family involvement with the school life
I will go in further and discuss all of the above in more detail in following articles.